So for the last few months, I have been reading several blogs and books that are related to weightloss. This is not my first blog about weightloss but I feel like I need a new start. I have been really wanting to get back into blogging. So I have decided to give it a try. So a little bit about what got me to this place. I had weightloss surgery in October 2011 with Dr. David Syn in Lubbock Tx. The surgery that I had is called a Duodenal Switch. At 360 lbs I felt really hopeless in life. I was desperate for a change. My weight had begun to affect every part of my life. Quite frankly I could not properly take care of myself. I was constantly depressed and super tired. After WLS I lost 155 lbs. The lowest I saw on the scale was 205lbs. After the loss of several family members and Grad school I have found myself with an 85lb weight gain. I have found myself thinking about what I want from life. And I have decided that I am tired of giving up. It is time for me to start fighting back. To be as my coworker said the girl who runs a 5k, the mommy who wants her daughter to be proud of her, and the girl who is confident on herself. Starting tomorrow I will be starting the Keto diet. I am so nervous and afraid of failure. I am a carb addict. This decision changes a lot about my life. Not only my choices in food but again how I view food. Food has to be seen as a source of fuel. It is not a comfort, a reward, it is not going to make me feel better. As a counselor I know all of this. But I have to believe it deep down. I have to depend on the Lord. To trust him to give me "Freedom" my word for this year. So I have to take one step at a time. I know that I can have freedom from my addiction and I am taking step 2 to admit that I am powerless over my addiction and that I need my higher power to help me. It is weird but I feel like I am greiving the loss of the life that I have been living this last 18 months. Yet I am hopeful for the future. I am starting this journey at 290lbs. Here's hopeing to make it to onderland in 2018. Francis

Comments